Synaps: End of Release 01
Posted by rHornbek on July 7, 2011
As of a couple weeks ago the Uncharted Interactive team has officially completed Release one of our second project Synaps!
In the last articles I showed you the following image of the game:
Originally you were only able to place stones one at a time and there was not way to actually capture opposing stones, not to mention we were using placeholder art from the Go Wikipedia page. Now we have not only implemented our own original placeholder art, but we have also added many of the important features!!!
Excluding the background art, every asset has been replaced with an original one. And while most of it is still placeholder, we feel the final content may not be too different in terms of style… quality on the other hand should be much higher! Some of the added features include:
- Capturing opposing Nodes (stones).
- Random Node Arrays, that allow the user to place multiple Nodes at a single time in a preset, but rotatable, pattern.
- Node Array display at the top of the screen.
The image above is a mocked up concept of what I image the Versus screen would look like in the end. While different that the image of the actual game right now, there are many similarities which means we are getting close!!!
Some of the features illustrated in this concept art are:
- A stylized score board that uses unique characters for the numbers. A minor detail but one that makes things look even better!
- Dead spaces, indicated by cross shaped icons, communicating to the user where Nodes can no longer be played.
- Synapse connectors between each of the nodes indicating where the walls have been formed. Hence the title Synaps!